Real Life Church in Chesapeake, Virginia is looking for their next Student and Young Adult Director. They are located on the border of Virginia Beach and Chesapeake, VA. They draw families from both cities, and their area is made up of military families and folks from all walks of life. They have a good size student population that also draws kids from Virginia Beach and Chesapeake. The church’s average age is estimated to be 38-42, having a great mix of younger and older families and a lot of solid volunteers. They value community events within the church body to get to know each other better and serving in the community as well.
With a completely new facility built in 2019, Real Life is looking for someone magnetic who loves Jesus so much that it overflows out of him/her. They wake up thinking about connecting with people and desiring to see them take a step in growing in their faith. Students/Young Adults/volunteers are drawn to this persona and want to be around this person. The responsibilities will involve:
- Overseeing grades 9-12 and the Young Adult ministry (19-26 year olds).
- Recruiting, training, and providing leadership to volunteer teams.
- Selecting, preparing, and teaching the High School curriculum.
- Creating events and environments that are designed for welcoming and loving friends, and being intentional in helping guests get connected to others and Jesus.
- Implementing ways to partner with parents to develop students’ faith.
- Overseeing small group ministry and ensuring it aligns with other programming and overall church vision.
P.S. If this job isn't exactly what you're looking for, feel free to check the job board of open positions.