As we enter into a new year, I wanted to share my top ten tips for staffing your church in 2022.
Take a few minutes to watch this video. I hope that something will resonate with you as you lead your staff into the new year!
Here’s what I’ll cover:
The Great Resignation is Real.
- Treat your staff like they all have one foot out the door.
- People stay where they grow.
- New staff will be harder and harder to find.
- It’s more expensive. Everywhere.
- Hire one instead of two.
- No one has the luxury of coasting anymore.
- Hire pastoral first. Then platform.
- Consider internal hires with little/no ministry experience.
- Prioritize generalists over specialists.
- We’re all tired. Treat people well.
I hope this is helpful to you and your church as we enter the new year.
Also, we have a free resource we’ve prepared for you with more of what we’re learning during this time of “The Great Resignation”. You can download a free PDF that lists all of our research and learnings here.
If there’s any way that I can help or serve your church in 2022, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. My email is Todd.Rhoades@ChemistryStaffing.com.