It was great to hear from Katie Allred and Brady Shearer as they discussed new trends and best practices in church communication during this unique season.
Here are a few highlights from our time together:
- "Reach out to people who engage personally. Small churches have a great ability to reach out to people online. Respond to every comment. Like and engage personally. One-to-one interaction can change a person's entire view of your church." Brady Shearer
- When a question arose about small churches who don't have all of the technology in place, Katie Allred suggests to "get started with what you have. Spend money on people/outreach not technology. It's not necessary until you can put in the work with what you have."
- "This pandemic is turning up the volume on what has happened in a decline of church attendance for the past several years." Brady Shearer
Resources Mentioned in the Webinar
- Free Resources:
Next Webinar: Now What? Family Ministry in the Pandemic Age
Six-year-olds don't do social distancing well. As we head into the summer, the time where youth camps, VBS, and all sorts of large group gatherings are the norm, how do we as church leaders rethink our traditional approach to family ministries?
We'll hear from Jessica Bealer, Caleb Smith, and others along with Chemistry's co-founders Matt Steen and Todd Rhoades about the ins and outs of working with students and children during this season.
Register for our next webinar, Now What? Family Ministry in the Pandemic Age, on May 7th at 11 AM eastern.
Chemistry Staffing is excited to equip and support churches in this season. Things are changing on a daily basis and our team is committed to pray for you and support you every step of the way. Here's how we plan to help:
- Virtual Church Strategy Lab: (*The second session is filling up quickly.) The Virtual Church Strategy Lab is a 6-week group specifically designed to help you make the pivot from surviving virtual church to creating a thriving virtual church. Click here for more information.
- Transitional Ministry Coaching: It is important that you care for your departing staff member during this time, and into their future. Connecting them with a dedicated transitional ministry coach is one way to continue to support to help them land on their feet. Click here to find out more.
- COVID-19 Resources: COVID-19 is causing all of us to have discussions that we never thought we'd be having. We're here to help you and your church during this time. Even if it's just to have a sympathetic ear to talk candidly and off the record about what might be next. Click here to find out more.