Tips for Attracting Top Talent to Your Church
As a church leader, you know that having a strong team of talented individuals is crucial for carrying out your mission and serving your community.
Often, we see churches self-sabotage when trying to recruit top talent. They want their future team members to be intuitive, excellent, and influential in their fields of expertise and give everything they've got. And rightly so. However, the church leadership needs to realize that doing their part to care well for their staff and providing benefits beyond the norm can help them keep up with what new recruits are looking for in their next position.
So, how can you proactively create a staff environment that attracts top talent?
- Offer competitive salaries and benefits. This one might seem obvious, but it's worth stating: people want to be compensated for their hard work and dedication. Be sure to research salary ranges for similar positions in your area and offer packages that are competitive and fair.
- Offer flexible work time and environment. Many talented individuals value flexibility in their work schedules and location. Consider offering options such as flexible work hours and the ability to work remotely as a way to attract top talent. Not only will this make your church a more attractive place to work, but it can also increase productivity and job satisfaction among your staff.
- Emphasize opportunities for growth and development. Many talented individuals are looking for opportunities to grow and develop their skills. Make it clear that your church values professional development and provides opportunities for staff members to learn and advance.
- Show off your community. One of the biggest draws of working at a church is the opportunity to be a part of a close-knit community. Show potential hires what a great community you have by highlighting the ways in which your church serves and engages with your local area.
- Don't forget the power of humor. Adding a little bit of levity to your work environment and even to your interview process can go a long way. Who doesn't want to work somewhere that's not only mission driven, but also knows how to have a good time?
By following these tips, you'll be well on your way to building a fantastic team of talented individuals at your church.