We are excited to be partnering with Moraga Valley Presbyterian Church (MVPC) as they search for their next Senior Pastor! MVPC seeks to be a Christ-centered, welcoming community hub for the spiritual and social well-being of all who live in Lamorinda (Lafayette, Moraga, and Orinda) by sharing the gospel in a way that captures people’s imagination, changes their life purpose, benefits their relationships and community, and encourages the sharing of their God-given gifts.
Moraga is a suburban town of about 17,500 people located approximately 20 miles east of San Francisco. Moraga is an affluent and well-educated community with many young families, as well as empty nesters and retired folks who stay in the community after their children leave home. The Moraga area is considered one of the best places to live in California - it offers quiet and spacious living in a beautiful setting, and is close to the larger cities of San Francisco, Oakland, and Walnut Creek. This location provides easy access to restaurants, shopping, parks, and recreational and cultural activities. The public schools are among the highest rated in California.
MVPC is looking for a committed Christ-follower, an engaging, inspiring, visionary leader with a demonstrated ability to manage change, get things done, and work effectively with the staff and congregation. The next Senior Pastor must be able to empower, equip, and release staff and congregants to do ministry. Candidates must also have a heart for missional ministry, as demonstrated by the practice of spending time with non-believers on a regular basis.
- A gifted, Christ-centered preacher, able to speak to the heart with truth and grace, with a winsome, humble approach to sharing the gospel and inspiring people to know and grow with Jesus?
- An approachable leader with highly developed relational skills?
- Comfortable leading with creativity and innovation?
Do you have a:
- Proven ability to lead and motivate others to follow (staff and congregation), particularly an ability to lead through necessary change?
- Demonstrated ability to get things done, measure success, and then modify accordingly?
- History with an organization that has experienced growth?
If this sounds like you, apply today!
P.S. If this job isn't exactly what you're looking for, feel free to check the job board of open positions.