We are excited to be partnering with Emmanuel Church as they search for their next Senior Pastor! Emmanuel Church has a vision to be “neighbors reaching neighbors with the love of Jesus - passionately committed to pursuing God’s purpose for their lives as fully engaged followers of Christ.” They are searching for an experienced leader who can embrace and lead toward that vision.
Johnstown, which is approximately 55 miles east of Pittsburgh, is home to family-friendly neighborhoods, good schools, a low cost of living, and great quality of life. The area is graced with four distinct seasons and stunning landscapes that blend the best of urban and rural life. The beautiful and family-friendly communities, diversified economic base, and dedicated workforce have made the area into one of the most livable regions in the country - recently ranked by Money Magazine as the number one most livable area in Pennsylvania and number four in the Northeast. The area is also home to many outdoor activities, sports, museums, colleges, historical sites, and festivals.
Emmanuel is looking for a committed Christ-follower; an engaging, inspiring, visionary leader with a demonstrated ability to manage change, get things done, and work effectively with the staff and congregation. The next Senior Pastor must be able to see the big picture/vision, have the energy to progressively advance the gospel, but also live in the present, welcome interruptions, and slow down and notice people in the moment. The Senior Pastor will be the primary teaching Elder. A team-teaching approach is desired.
- A consistent and clear communicator who can unify the staff and congregation?
- Able to speak the hard truths of scripture unapologetically and lovingly challenge the congregation?
- A caring and compassionate shepherd who can lead, feed and protect the flock?
- A collaborative leader who will work with the board of Elders in order to refine vision and discuss implementation strategies?
- Able to exude clear and decisive leadership with a staff team without micromanaging and then modify accordingly?
- A leader with a track record of growth?
If this sounds like you, apply today!
P.S. If this job isn't exactly what you're looking for, feel free to check the job board of open positions.