First Baptist Church of Copperas Cove, Texas, is searching for a full-time Minister of Discipleship to join their team! The opportunity to reach a growing community following a time of uncertainty is great. FBC Copperas Cove is looking for someone who can lead their small groups ministry (Sunday School), expand discipleship opportunities within the church and community, and create opportunities to reach more young families on base and in the city.
The new Minister of Discipleship will:
- Evaluate the current ministry to determine what should be kept, what needs to be improved, and what should be let go
- Bring fresh ideas for disciple-making and the ability to lead others in their implementation
- Serve as the hands-on leader of the adult small group ministry
- Enlist, train, and encourage healthy leaders who lead healthy groups
- Work with the youth, children, and preschool ministers to help them lead their age groups
- Give oversight to outreach, assimilation of new members, men’s and women’s discipleship ministries, and one on one discipleship of new and maturing believers
Copperas Cove sits on the west edge of the Fort Hood Army Post, which is centrally located between Waco and Austin and between Dallas and San Antonio. Copperas Cove has a small-town feel but access to shopping and restaurants in the community and in nearby Killeen. Copperas Cove boasts an excellent school district, has a good network for homeschool families, and the cost of living is one of the lowest in the country. Outdoor types will enjoy the rivers and lakes nearby, good parks, a golf course, and other entertainment opportunities.
If you have a passion for and strong sense of calling to discipleship ministry, as well as a vision for multiplying disciples and leaders in the church who multiply disciples, apply today!
P.S. If this job isn't exactly what you're looking for, feel free to check the job board of open positions.