Do you love the great outdoors and the variety of opportunities that exist across all four seasons? Do you enjoy the atmosphere of a small city whose residents come together for football games, recreational activities, and fish frys? The Covenant Church of Cheboygan is a small church with a long history and a big vision to reach its community with the Gospel. And they are looking for their next Lead Pastor!
The Covenant Church of Cheboygan is looking for a Lead Pastor with strong values in discipleship, leadership, and evangelism. They are looking for a leader who is at home in a community that is largely unchurched and who has a desire to equip others to impact their community for Christ.
The new Lead Pastor will be:
- A leader among leaders of The Covenant Church of Cheboygan
- A vision caster for the family of The Covenant Church through a partnership with and the oversight of the Servant Leadership Team
- An equipper of the body through the sound teaching of the Word of God
- A spiritual growth advocate for people of all ages with an emphasis on multi-generational worship for all congregation members
- A community evangelist as church leader, spiritual counselor, and ambassador
Cheboygan enjoys the best of a true “4 seasons” climate. From many of its large lakes, you can watch both the sunrise and sunset. Cheboygan County is home to three of the largest inland lakes in Michigan: Mullett, Burt, and Black Lake. The 40-mile inland waterway connects rivers to lakes between Cheboygan, Indian River, and Alanson. Michigan has over 6,500 miles of groomed snowmobile trails and Cheboygan County is the heart of them. Most double as biking/hiking trails during the warmer months. Cheboygan has been designated a “Trail Town” by the Michigan Department of Natural Resources.
Are you an experienced leader with a shepherd’s heart who loves to communicate God’s Word in relevant ways? Are you called to pastor a close-knit church family and engage deeply with a small community that needs Jesus? If this describes you then apply today!
P.S. If this job isn't exactly what you're looking for, feel free to check the job board of open positions.