Do you have a strong desire to leverage your organizational, operational, HR and financial leadership skills to help a church accomplish its mission? Are you a COO (or COO-type) with a track record of healthy organizational stewardship that feels called to apply your talents in the Kingdom? Walnut Creek may be the place for you!
Walnut Creek Presbyterian Church, located just outside the San Francisco Bay area, is a multi-generational and multi-ethnic ECO Presbyterian Church with a strong history of world missions and ministries to children/youth. They are building a high-capacity team to reach their growing community and have a greater Kingdom impact in the East Bay. A key member of this team is the Director of Operations. The Director of Operations will coach, lead, and manage professional staff. This person will also be able to build healthy and sustainable infrastructure/scaffolding for the vision and forward movement of the church.
The new Director of Operations has responsibility for the management of the administrative, human resource, financial, communications, and facilities services of the church in support of the vision of the Lead Pastor and the Session. He or she will:
- Hold the overall responsibility for the integrity of the accounting structure of the church
- Provide senior-level oversight to the on-going operational structure of the church
- Manage personnel-related processes and policies, including consistency and fairness in compensation recommendations, benefits, policies and procedures among other duties
- Oversee and participate in the staff hiring and termination process
- Assist in resolving conflict or issues in the workplace
- Ensure compliance with internal policies as well as state and federal employment regulations
- Be responsible for the daily administrative and operational activities of WCPC including communications
- Facilitate the development of a campus Safety and Security plan.
- Manage the church and WCPC Foundation insurance policies, ensuring appropriate coverages, renewal schedules, and filing of claims
- Serve as Compliance Officer and Risk Manager for the church
Walnut Creek is a city in the midst of a tremendous transition. What was once a sleepy, distant suburb of San Francisco, is now a burgeoning center of commercial, retail and urban living. Over the past ten years, Walnut Creek has witnessed tremendous growth in the number of downtown residential units (both rental apartments and condominiums) being built and quickly occupied. Due to convenient access to public transportation (BART), Walnut Creek is viewed as a cost-effective alternative to living in San Francisco, yet still with easy access to high quality shopping, restaurants and schools.
Are you a collaborative leader with a desire to help create and perpetuate healthy staff culture involving deep trust, creative conflict resolution, commitment, and accountability? Do you believe the “business” of the church is not separate from the “mission” of the church, but they are inextricably linked? Then apply today!
P.S. If this job isn't exactly what you're looking for, feel free to check the job board of open positions.