Do you have a passion to partner with parents in the faith formation and discipleship of their children? Are you a relational leader with a fun, personable, approachable demeanor that kids are drawn to?
Walnut Creek Presbyterian Church, located just outside the San Francisco Bay area, is a multi-generational and multi-ethnic ECO Presbyterian Church with a strong history of world missions and ministries to children/youth. They are building a high-capacity team to reach their growing community and have a greater Kingdom impact in the East Bay. A great opportunity exists for a dynamic Children’s Ministry candidate to join their team.
The Director of Children’s Ministry must have a passion for the Christian formation of children and will have the responsibility for WCPC’s ministry to children ages birth-5th grade. The Director of Children’s Ministry is responsible for overseeing all of the children's ministry to ensure a welcoming and smoothly operating, safe, and effective program. The goal is a ministry that nurtures, supports and equips children and their families to be life-long disciples who know, love, follow, and serve Jesus Christ.
The new Director will:
- Develop a vision for the children’s ministry with the collaboration of our Lead Pastor
- Establish and develop relationships with families and volunteers
- Recruit and train leaders/helpers for all children’s programs
- Continue to mentor volunteers to keep spiritually strong and well-trained, such as improving skill including special needs training
- Create resources for parents
- Start dreaming/planning programs like Big Summer Nights, day camp, game nights, parent groups, etc.
- Reassess current curriculum
- Update classrooms (by the new school year 2022-23) to align with curricula for birth-5th grade
Walnut Creek is a city in the midst of a tremendous transition. What was once a sleepy, distant suburb of San Francisco, is now a burgeoning center of commercial, retail and urban living. Over the past ten years, Walnut Creek has witnessed tremendous growth in the number of downtown residential units (both rental apartments and condominiums) being built and quickly occupied. Due to convenient access to public transportation (BART), Walnut Creek is viewed as a cost-effective alternative to living in San Francisco, yet still with easy access to high quality shopping, restaurants and schools.
If this sounds like the opportunity God has been calling you to, apply today!
P.S. If this job isn't exactly what you're looking for, feel free to check the job board of open positions.