Christ Community Church is a non-denominational, evangelical, multisite church with 5 campuses across the Chicago-land western suburbs. The Aurora campus is in a diverse area with a distinctly urban feel. There are many local outreach opportunities through great partnerships with various organizations. Christ Community Church is looking for a proven leader who can tap into the growth potential of this campus in creative and strategic ways.
The ideal Campus Pastor will be a passionate, relational pastor with significant leadership skills. They will be responsible for the overall spiritual health of their campus by overseeing and investing in staff and key volunteers, as well as serving as the spiritual leader for the campus, with regards to pastoral counseling and shepherding. This person possesses the communication gifts to be able to inspire and motivate others, with a strong ability to develop volunteer leaders. This role will steward resources, cast vision, and create strategies to reach the campus community with the gospel!
The new Aurora Campus Pastor:
- Promotes the vision, mission, and motive of Christ Community Church at the campus level and maintains a consistent focus on the church’s foundational principles
- Provides top level oversight of all campus services, events, and activities, ensuring they are executed in accordance with the standards of quality at Christ Community Church
- Manages the staff and campus resources to accomplish the goals of the campus in a timely and strategic fashion
- Coordinates with other team leaders for the effective implementation of specific programs and events at the campus
- Provides leadership and oversight to campus financial management, budget preparations, capital campaigns
- Directs the care and development of the physical church property and grounds and provides counsel on the use of ministry and office space
- Implements and oversees a process for recruiting, training, developing, and appreciating volunteers
Aurora, IL, on the western edge of Chicago, is the second-largest city in Illinois with a population of 200,000 people. The city of Aurora is rich in history and pride, and the future for the “City of Lights” looks bright as the community continues to grow and prosper. Aurora has something everyone will love, from notable architectural landmarks and historical sites, such as The Keystone Building and Healy Chapel, to family-friendly places to enjoy like the Phillips Park and Zoo and the Aurora Regional Fire Museum.
Do you have experience in a large, multisite church environment? Are you a relational shepherd, strong leader, and skilled communicator? Do you have the desire to serve in an area with a diverse population and urban feel? Then apply today!
P.S. If this job isn't exactly what you're looking for, feel free to check the job board of open positions.