Centerville Grace Church has a vision to see the hopelessly lost become happily found, the desperately broken become divinely restored, and ordinary church attendees become extraordinary disciple-makers. To accomplish this vision, they are seeking a full-time, associate pastor who will help continue and advance intentional and relational disciple-making throughout the church and into the community. Specific responsibilities will depend on that person’s unique gifts and skills, but the primary focus will be to work alongside the Lead Pastor in the areas of creativity, strategy, leadership development, and communication all with the principal function of making disciple-makers.
The new Associate Pastor of Disciple-Making will:
- Integrate into the life and community of our church family and staff
- Become familiar with not just names of our people but their stories as well
- Do the necessary things to earn respect and trust
- Demonstrate a clear love for Jesus and people in our community
- Come in with fresh eyes and be willing to respectfully challenge status quo to help us continue to grow
- Develop a deeper heart and passion for personal disciple-making
Located between Dayton and Cincinnati, Centerville/Washington Township is a family-centered area with a relatively low cost of living, top-notch schools, and quality parks. There are a lot of white-collar professionals, as well as a number of military families from the Wright-Patt Air Force base who live in the area. You get a small-town feel but access to city life (restaurants, sports, arts, entertainment, etc.). Faith in our community is still a fairly high value.
P.S. If this job isn't exactly what you're looking for, feel free to check the job board of open positions.