Youth ministry is VITAL and those called to pour into the lives of students and their families are in high demand right now. At Chemistry Staffing, we understand the importance and the challenge of student ministries. We know that a strong, healthy Youth Pastor is foundational to serve as an example, confidant, discipler, and multiplier during these critical years.
We are working with churches all over the United States and have SEVEN incredible Student Ministry positions that we're working on filling here at Chemistry Staffing as we're heading into the new year.
When you apply, we'll be comparing your information to what each church has told us they are looking for in four key areas:
- Church Culture/DNA
Take a look at each of these student ministry opportunities, and before you apply, please consider:
- Are you qualified for this position?
- Is the church located in an area where you could see spending the next 5+ years doing ministry (and does your wife/husband feel good about this location)?
- Are you comfortable with the size of church?
- Do you have the right amount of education or experience?
Ready? Here we go!
- Just outside Greenville, NC
- College town, great southern city
- Weekly worship attendance: 2000
- Multisite (3 campuses)
- Student Center is 7500 square-foot dedicated facility
- Modern Worship
- Current size of student ministry: 125
- Need to be innovative, strategic, a heart for reaching out and reaching beyond
- Must have fruitful student ministry experience to be considered
- Metro Atlanta area
- 20 minutes from the Atlanta Braves games
- Average worship attendance: 325
- Traditional & modern worship services
- This is a Next-Gen position: cradle through college
- Re-establish childrens/youth ministries post-COVID
- Must be able to establish deep networks and relationships
- 3-5 years experience in children's, youth, or related field
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent is required for this role
- Must be familiar with Orange curriculum
- Need to be a good communicator and a team player
LEWIS CENTER (COLUMBUS), OH
- Columbus, OH metro area
- Weekly worship attendance: 3,500
- Multisite (3 campuses)
- Southern Baptist Affiliation (SBC)
- Current student ministry: ~125 students
- College degree (with ministry focus) highly preferred
- Need to provide authentic energy
- This role is for the main campus (~2,000 attendance)
- Need to be a strong teacher that can accelerate evangelism and discipleship
- Ability to multiply student ministry small groups
- Previous ministry experience or paid residency experience required
- A family-friendly environment in Northwest Ohio
- Weekly worship attendance: 800
- Current student ministry: ~50 students
- Nice to have skills: music or speaking
- Lead/train volunteers
- Bachelor degree highly preferred along with some previous youth ministry experience
- Need to be able to play well with others and build new and established teams of volunteers
- Responsible for grades 6-12
- Cacti, mountains, and the outdoors!
- 44,000 students at the University of Arizona
- Weekly worship attendance: 3,200
- Multisite (2 campuses)
- Must have high-level leadership potential
- Ability to grow and desire to be mentored from a 20-year youth ministry veteran
- A Timothy heart
- Has a heart for students, especially junior highers
- Will be a part of the teaching team for students
- This is an ASSOCIATE Student Ministry role in a larger church.
- Pre-COVID student ministry: ~300 students
ST. JOHN, IN
- City of 20,000 people on the outskirts of Metro Chicagoland
- Perfect mix of big city/smaller town
- Weekly worship attendance: 1,200
- Just started their 50th church plant
- Utilize Orange curriculum
- Evangelism is important
- Recruit, develop, lead leaders & volunteers
- Strong work ethic
- Work with a team to develop their 'birth to age 20' strategy
- Can take a joke (and give one)
- You must be a great communicator
- Bachelor degree or similar experience needed
ST. JOSEPH, MI
- Right on the banks of Lake Michigan
- (Yes, there ARE beautiful beaches in Michigan)
- The sand dunes are magnificent
- Weekly worship attendance: 750
- Affiliated with the Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA)
- Teachable, faithful, available
- A good teacher
- City of 8,300, 50 minutes from South Bend, IN; 60 minutes from Kalamazoo, MI
- You gotta LOVE middle school and high school students
- More about experience than age (a Bachelor degree and at least some youth ministry experience is required for this role)
- Singing / Mad guitar skills / Video editing skills would put you over the top!
If you're interested in one or more of these roles, start by applying for your favorite one!
I look forward to getting to know you better.